Cinnamon Sugar Candied Almond
Sweet and crunchy cinnamon sugar candied almonds just like you get from the mall or a festival but made right in your slow cooker!
Serves: 4.5 cups
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4.5 cups raw almonds
- ¼ cup water
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- In another large bowl, add the egg white and vanilla and whisk until frothy.
- Pour the almonds in the egg mixture and toss them around to coat thoroughly.
- Pour the coated almonds into the sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour the entire mixture into the slow cooker and turn to low.
- Cook for 3-3.5 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. It will look like not much is happening for a long time but your house will smell good!
- After 3 hours, pour in the ¼ cup of water and stir well. This is going to make the crunchy coating and things will start looking right. Leave in the slow cooker for another 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When done, pour the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet and separate any that stuck together. Let them cool slightly to harden then enjoy!
Author: Melissa | Persnickety Plates